Saturday 3 August 2013

Distilled Water Spritz

The best moisturiser for our hair is water. When choosing a moisturising product the first ingredient should be Water or Aqua. To ensure my 4C hair does not get too dry I thought hey..why not just use plain ole water as my moisturiser and seal in with my Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)

HOWEVER... I live in London where we have a pretty bad hard water problem... so I was not about to be spraying that gunk in my hair errday! I was contemplating buying bottled water but figured that will run up a lot of cost. So upon research I found I free of charge way to moisturise my hair with water safely :)

How to make your own distilled water

1. Fill a stainless steal pot with tap water to about half way 

2. Place a glass boil in the water and ensure it floats, the glass boil should not touch the bottom of the pot. If you find it does, get a round baking tray and put it beneath the glass boil

3. Turn on the stove to and bring the water to boil

4. Then get the pot lid to create condensation. Place the lid upside down on the pot. For effective    condensation you need to create a hot cold barrier. You can do this by filling the lid with ice cubes. The condensation will then drip into your glass bowl.

5. When you have enough distilled water, remove from the stove and allow to cool ( the glass bowl will be very hot!)

6. When cooled store in your spray bottle and its ready to use!

Using this coupled with EVOO sealant has definitely made my hair feel more moisturised  :)

Pics of use to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment