Friday 26 July 2013

How to stop excess shedding!

Hair shedding is a normal process in both males and females. On average we shed 50 -100 hairs a day. However, I felt that I was shedding a lot more than this so alarm bells were ringing! On doing some research I found that common reasons for shedding are:
  • Heat damage
  • Stress
  • Diet
  • Over active hormones
I felt that all these things were in check so I did some research on how to prevent excess shedding and found the Black tea rinseDHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is a hormone that causes hair follicles to shrink, making it difficult for hair healthy hair to live. Black tea is a high in caffeine (even moreso than coffee!) which blocks DHT. The caffeine effectively removes DHT from the scalp therefore reducing hair shedding. 

Prior to the black tea rinse I couldn't touch my hair without pulling some out! But now having done 2 black tea rinses I have noticed remarkable change in the amount of hair I shed. I noticed a difference just over 1 week of doing the first rinse. I will do 2 more rinses as preventative measures to shedding.   




You will need 

- Black tea ( for us Brits this is just ordinary tea without milk, I used Tesco's Finest English Breakfast Tea)
- Pot 
- Spray bottle

1. Pour around two cups of water into a pot and add 5 teabags then bring to the boil

2. Once boiled leave tea to cool down - you don't want to scold your scalp!

3. When the tea has cooled, pour into a spray bottle.

4. After shampooing, spray tea onto the scalp ensuring the scalp is saturated. Be sure to wear a a towel around your shoulders to prevent the dripping tea from staining your clothes.

5.  When satisfied that your hair is saturated, go ahead and cover up with a plastic cap and chill for around 45 minutes to 1 hour.

 6. Times up! rinse out the tea and follow up with your favourite deep conditioner as the tea can be very drying. 

And thats it! Be sure to comment on your experience! Did this work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment